Monday, November 10, 2008

I regret to say...

I realize that I just don't blog enough. There is so much to say sometimes that I feel it may become repetitive and erroneous; however I will say that I am getting accustomed to life here and it is a good thing. The last few weeks have held so many surprises that I don't know where to start. It has consisted of the following:


  • luncheons with ladies in beautiful Palestinian villages


  • my first nargileh - peach flavoured that is


  • setting up a bank account - with surprisingly no hassle


  • buying oodles of Palestinian and Chilean wine


  • discovering a fish and chips shop in Ramallah


  • taking a road trip to buy a ham sandwich


  • getting a private tour of a tiny olive oil press in the old city


  • spontaneously going to the opening of a women's film festival


  • visiting Mahmoud Darwish's memorial at night


  • drinking proper cappuccino at Cafe de la Paix

  • rushing to Jerusalem after a busy day to meet with friends from Italy

  • realizing that all the kids who wear the keffiyeh here actually deserve to

  • running into a parade of boy scouts in Al Manarah square - complete with horns and drums

  • discovering that my washing machine cleans my clothes with dirty, black water - hence defeating the entire purpose

  • walking on the streets of Ramallah breathing in the smell of falafel and nargileh - such a glorious combination

  • visiting beautiful Nablus for the day - and spending it in an office full of men who smoke and drink Arabic coffee far too much

1 comment:

  1. Well I don't know what some of the words you used mean, but it sounds wonderful! You honestly took a road trip for a ham sandwich - how American of you :) Your world sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete